Traditional Burgundian vinification;
The harvest is done by hand using perforated crates, and the grapes are then sorted on a vibrating table.
- De-stemming from 70 to 100%, depending on the vintage.
- Slow and gentle extraction by cold maceration during 5-7 days, with alternate punch downs and pump-overs.
- Fermentation with natural yeast during 10 days in thermo-regulated tanks.
Aging in oak barrels (228 l) from 15 to 18 months.
- 30% of new oak for the 1 ers Crus and 50% for the Grands Crus.
- Racking and bottling based on the lunar cycles.
Wines of the Domain :
Our wines are typical of the Côte de Nuits.
- Color : bright ruby to intense garnet.
- Nose of small red and black fruits.
- Palate : well balanced, structured with rounded tannins.
Domaine Amiot does everything on a daily basis to reach the best expression of their vineyard's terroir and to respect its authenticity.
Our wines are true to their origins and offer great balance between power and finesse. They are especially appreciated for their elegance and genererosity.